View important information related to library re-opening in response to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus pandemic:
The Board and Staff of the Emmetsburg Public Library wishes to extend our sincere appreciation of the cooperation and understanding demonstrated by everyone as we work through this difficult time. In all cases, we urge you to behave in a manner that safeguards your personal health and that does not endanger the health of others
Effective Monday, June 1st, 2020, the Emmetsburg Public Library will be re-opening to the public on a limited, appointment-only basis. Patrons will be allowed to visit the library in person to browse the collection and use other in-library services. The following restrictions will apply to this phase of re-opening:
1. All patrons and staff must wear a mask or cloth that covers their nose and mouth while they are in the library.
2. Patrons should observe rules of social distancing (leaving at least 6 feet of space between others) and obey any directional signs posted in the facility.
2. Five patrons will be allowed in the library at a time.Appointments must be made by telephone or email (712-852-4009 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Appointments will be available in 15-minute increments.
3. Visits will be limited to a maximum of 30 minutes, once per day, and we respectfully request that patrons use the time to browse the collection or use other library services rather than to meet with others or socialize with staff.
4. At this time, the college building remains locked at Entrance 22. Please call the library when you arrive for your appointment to be let inside.
5. Please keep in mind that the college has only authorized public access to the facility for? Wellness Center and? library purposes. Please do not attempt to access other parts of the building during your visit.
6. Please continue to use the curbside bookdrop for all returns. Do not return items inside with you.
7. The library continues to offer curbside service, and we recommend this option.
Thank you for your support and understanding..