What To See And Do
in Silver Rails Country
Located in Northeast Missouri (NEMO)
Click here for Reports & Photos
including Amtrak travel to Silver Rails Country
Click the image to enlarge orclick here to download a .pdf version.
Click here to download a .pdf version of the back side of the map
Note: Minutes in brackets refer to driving time from theDepot Inn & Suites located at
1245 N. Brown St., La Plata, MO 63549, in the heart of Silver Rails Country.
- Depot Inn & Suites - (Photos) [0 min],1245 N. Brown St., La Plata, MO 63549, 888-814-3669, 660-332-4669, Features 30 beautifully appointed and railroad theme guest rooms, including 4 luxurious themed suites.Located in the heart of Silver Rails Country, it is themed after an 1800's railroad depot andis decorated with many historic railroad artifacts making the hotel a small railroad museum in and of itself!Free shuttle service is available from the La Plata Amtrak Station for hotel guests.Tastings of wines served to 21+ adult hotel guests in the luxurious Depot Inn front lobbyMonday through Thursday, 5pm to 7pm. Bottles of wine also available for purchase.Inquite at hotel front desk for more information.
- APRHF Exhibition of Amtrak History - (Photos) [0 min],inside 2 ex-Amtrak MHC railroad cars next to theDepot Inn & Suites at 1245 N. Brown St., La Plata 63549, 660-332-4669,Display of extensive Amtrak memorabilia including the entire collection of theAmtrak Historical Society,TrainWeb, and many others.An operating Amtrak professional model railroad exhibit provided by Train And Toy Displays is also featured.Inquite at hotel front desk for access.
- APRHF Silver Rails Gallery - (Photos) [2 min],204 E. Moore St., La Plata, MO 63549, 660-956-4157,Significant works of railroad art featuring paintings, photographs, three-dimensional works, poetry, literature, artifacts, multimediaworks, and more plus a railroad gift shop.Temporarily closed during relocation.
- APRHF Silver Rails Memorial Library[2 min],204 E. Moore St., La Plata, MO 63549, 660-956-4157,Books, journals, videos, and other media related to railroads. Though all aspects of railroads are featured, the library has aparticular emphasis on passenger rail heritage. The library has one of the largest collections of books and videos related toAmtrak and the history of Amtrak. Many are very rare volumes that are difficult to find anywhere else.Temporarily closed during relocation.
- APRHF Rail Lookout Cabin & Deck - (Photos) [1 min],at the end of the road behind theLa Pachanga Mexican Restaurant.All weather heated train observation cabin & deck overlooking the BNSF transcontinental mainline.Includes free WiFi, electric outlets, BBQ and outhouses.ATCS monitor and rail radio audio provide notification of approaching trains.
- La Plata Santa Fe Depot / Amtrak Station - (Photos) [2 min],535 N. Owensby St., La Plata, MO 63549, 660-956-0460, Restored Historic Santa Fe DepotClick here for station info and history.
- La Plata Railcamsprovide live images of the very active transcontinental BNSF mainline between Chicago and Kansas City through Missouri.
- TrainWeb.com &TrainParty.com - (Photos) [2 min],100 E. Benton St., La Plata, MO 63549, 800-761-4294,Home office of TrainWeb.com & TrainParty.com - Take a tour of the warehouse of over 1000different railroad themed party supplies
- Silver Rails Event Center - (Photos) [2 min],204 E. Moore St., La Plata, MO 63549, 660-956-4157,A rail themed banquet facility for your weddings, receptions, meetings, conferences and trade shows seating up to 530 people(or 800 with auditorium seating) located in La Plata near theDepot Inn & Suitesin the heart of Silver Rails Country.
- RailfansFriend.com [2 min], 109 S. Gex St., La Plata, MO 63549, 660-287-1714,Magnets, Posters, DVDs, and other unique railroad related gifts.
- Santa Fe Espresso - (Photos) [2 min], 121 Gex St., La Plata, MO 63549, Coffee, Soup, Salad, Sandwiches, Pastries, Dessert.Only open for special occasions.
- Santa Fe Lake - (Photos) [2 min],Built by the Santa Fe Railroad in 1907 and has been a swimming, fishing, and picnickingdestination since the 1920's.
Note: Above Items Are All Railroad Related and In La Plata!
More Railroad Related Items Are Located Further Down The List In the Region:
- Amish Farms & Lifestyle - (Photos) [7 min],While there are no Amish tourist attractions in the region, you are welcome to visit the Amish stores and carefully drive theback roads that pass by many Amish farms. The stores listed below are not where Amish offer their goods to the non-Amish public,but rather are the stores where the Amish themselves shop for their own needs. But you are definitely welcome to visit and purchasegoods in any of these shops. Bring cash as the Amish do not take charge cards. Some of these shops features goods almost exclusivelyproduced by the Amish community such as the bakery and butcher shop, while others like the Country Variety Store also feature itemsfrom the non-Amish world that are needed in the Amish community. You are very likely to run across the Amish driving their buggiesdown the road anywhere in La Plata as they go about their daily errands. Please drive with caution.
- Amish Country Variety Store - (Photos) [7 min],25657 Hwy 156, La Plata, MO 63549, less than 4 miles out of town.A General Store to the Amish but also open and welcome to the public.
- Yoder's Amish Bakery - (Photos) [7 min],25951 Hwy 156, La Plata, MO 63549.Serving the local Amish community but open and welcome to the public.
- Newberg Amish Fabrics - (Photos) [7 min],25531 Hwy 156, La Plata, MO 63549.Serving the local Amish community but open and welcome to the public.
- Buck Ridge Amish Butcher Shop [7 min],11245 Grouse Ave, La Plata, MO 63549 (off Hwy 156).Serving the local Amish community but open and welcome to the public. Summer sausage for sale. Will process game for hunters.
- La Pachanga Mexican Restaurant - (Photos) [1 min],1155 N. Brown St., La Plata, MO 63549, 660-332-7337,A great restaurant right next door to the Depot Inn & Suites.Dial Room Service for delivery right to your room!
- Grandma's Home Cookin' - (Photos) [2 min],129 E. Moore St., La Plata, MO 63549, 660-342-9204,Especially great for breakfast in Downtown La Plata
- Smitty's Bar - (Photos) [2 min],209 S. Gex St., La Plata, MO 63549, 660-332-4232,Late night spot for beer, wine & spirits. No food. Drinks only.
- Casey's General Store (Gas Station & Carry-Out Pizza) - (Photos)[0 min],1107 N. Brown Street, La Plata, MO, 660-332-4449.Pizza and other food for take-out only.
- Spirits of La Plata[2 min], 1000 N. Brown St., La Plata, MO 63549.Extensive spirits, beer, wine, soft drinks and snacks.Take out only. No in-store consumption.
La Plata Other Venues:
- La Plata Municipal Golf Course [3 min],301 S. Hastings, La Plata, MO 63549, 660-332-4584, [web] [facebook],18 HoleGolf Course.
- Gilbreath-McLorn Victorian House - (Photos) [2 min],225 N. Owensby St., La Plata, MO 63549,Built in 1896, Added to National Registor of Historic Places in 1978. Tours by Appointment. Contact Nancy Belfield at 660-216-9755 or 660-332-4224.
- Doneghy Victorian House - (Photos) [2 min],301 N. Owensby St., La Plata, MO 63549,Built in 1895, Added to National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
- Lester Dent House [2 min],225 N. Church St., La Plata, MO 63549,Lester Dent was author of the "Doc Savage" pulp novels of the 1930's and 1940's. The house wasadded to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.Click herefor further information.
- Green Theatre - (Photos) [2 min],217 S. Gex St., La Plata, MO 63549,Historic movie house built in 1935, closed in 1985, currently undergoing restoration.Click herefor further information.
- La Plata City Reservoir [2 min],Leopard Ave., La Plata, MO 63549,Fishing, Hunting, Boat Ramp, Camping Available, Contact City Hall 660-332-7166.
- La Plata State Bank (NorthEast Missouri State Bank) - [Photos] [2 min],139 S Gex St, La Plata, MO 63549, 660-332-4317.Located in Downtown La Plata.
- Bank of La Plata - (Photos) [0 min],1200 N. Brown Street, La Plata, MO 63549, 660-332-2265.Located directly next door to theDepot Inn & Suitesand features a 24-hour drive-thru and walk-up ATM.
- Dollar General [2 min],1080 N. Brown St., La Plata, MO 63549, 660-332-4019.
- C&R Super Market - (Photos) [2 min],109 E. Clark St., La Plata, MO 63549, 660-332-4422.
- Jackson Country Connection & Corn Maze - (Photos) [10 min],28496 Nature Lane, La Plata, MO 63549, 660-332-7899, An outdoor agricultural entertainment center providing family fun activities including a walkable corn maze sometimes featuring a train theme (September & October).
- Show-n-Off Photography & DJ Service - (Photos) [2 min], 204 E. Moore St., La Plata, MO 63549, 660-287-1714, Photos for Engagements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Senions, Kids, Family, Car/Bike/Truck, Reunions, Events, Sports Team, or Commercial.First Class DJ Entertainment for Everyone!
- La Plata Lumber Company [2 min],201 E. Sanders St., La Plata, MO 63549, 660-332-4411
- Adair County Historical Society Museum - (Photos) [17 min], 211 S Elson St,Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-665-6502, Collections of Adair Countyhistory artifacts, documents, narratives, and photographs.
- Baker's Smokehouse [17 min],112 N Franklin St, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-349-0316.
- Bellacino's Pizza & Grinders [15 min],516 N Baltimore St, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-665-7665.
- Bonzai Steak Teriyaki & Sushi [17 min],112 W Harrison St, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-665-3616.
- Century 21 Whitney Agency Inc. - (Photos) [12 min],1605 S. Baltimore St., Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-665-5678.
- Colton's Steak House & Grill - (Photos)[11 min], 1116 Country Club Dr, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-665-6336
- Eagle Lodge RV Park - (Photos) [9 min],27399 Starlight Trl, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-332-1387, RV full hook-up camp sites available with electricity,water and sewer, picnic tables, shelter with grill, firewood and fire rings available. Open all year.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - (Photos)[19 min], 2611 S. Franklin St., Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-665-3396,Pick up your car 7 days per week at the La Plata Amtrak Station, the Depot Inn & Suites or the Kirksville Airport.Call to arrange to have your car waiting for you. Use Coupon Code L51EZ54 for significant savings.
- Fort Chariton [23 min],26826 Yarrow Trail, Kirksville, MO 63504, 660-665-3030.
- Kirksville Arts Center - (Photos) [19 min], 117 S Franklin St., Kirksville, MO63501, 660-665-0500, Fosters the arts for Northeast Missouri's ruralcommunities.
- Kirksville Downtown Cinema 8 - (Photos) [19 min],115 N. Elson, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-665-5683.
- Kirksville Regional Airport - (Photos) [10 min], 27161 Airport Trail, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-665-5020.Cape Airprovides three flights a day, seven days a week, from Kirksville to Lambert-St.Louis International Airport.
- Lost Branch Blueberry Farm [23 min],Lost Branch Way, Brashear, MO 63533, 660-342-1771. Pick your own blueberries from mid-June to August at oneof the largest blueberry plantations in Missouri.There are also sheep and goats for children to pet.
- Maxwell's Supper Club[19 min], 215 W Washington St, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-956-0648,Great Food! One of the few places in the region with craft brews on tap!
- Missouri Department of Conservation Northeast Regional Office[14 min], 3500 S Baltimore, Kirsville, MO 63501, 660-785-2420, includes a 1,300 gallon aquarium, an observation bee hive, snake display, bird viewing area, and nature shop.
- Novinger Coal Miners Museum [35 min], 135 Main St, Novinger, MO 63559,660-488-5559, 660-488-6450, 660-488-6795, 660-488-5361. Open year round by appointment only.Contains coal mining items, farm antiques and memorabilia from local businesses. Coal mining wasthe main industry of north Missouri in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Nurhachi Sushi & Mongolian Restaurant [17 min],2910 N Baltimore St, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-665-3366.
- Pickler's Famous Soda Fountain & Ice Cream Parlor - (Photos) [19 min],114 W. Harrison St., Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-988-9099. Also featuring dual-venue movie theater and performance space upstairs.
- Rineharts Music & Video - (Photos)[19 min], 114 S. Franklin St., Kirksville, MO 63510, 660-627-3916,A large collection of Lester Dent's Doc Savage books and other memorabilia on public display.Also Vinyl, CDs, DVDs, Magazines, Books, Gifts, and more.
- Ruby Tuesday [18 min],2510 N Baltimore St, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-665-3588.
- S&S Printing and Graphics - (Photos)[18 min],701 N. Marion St., Kirksville, MO 63501, 800-279-2234,Full Color Printing, Banners, Forms, Carbonless Forms, Business Cards, Brochures, Book's, Advertising Specials,Full Color Graphics & Signs, Labels, Vinyl Graphics & Signs, Vehicle Graphics, Stationery, Statements, Layout &Design, Vinyl Graphics, Signs.
- Still National Osteopathic Museum(Virtual Tour) [16 min],800 W. Jefferson St., Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-626-2359.Located inside the Tinning Education Center at AT Still University.As the only museum dedicated to the national history of osteopathic medicine itfeatures distinctive exhibits highlighting osteopathy's heritage.
- NEW!Viva Italia Ristorante [22 min],1101 E Normal St, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-665-3667.
- Maples Repertory Theatre - (Photos) [25 min],102 N. Rubey St., Macon, MO 63552, 660-382-2924.
- Macon County Historical Society [25 min], 1402 S. Highway 63, P.O. Box 304, Macon, MO, 660-395-0266.Museum Hours: Thu & Fri 2pm-4pm, Sat 10am-Noon, After Hours: 573-395-6754 or 573-395-5135.
- Macon Cinema - (Photos) [21 min],2218 US Highway 63 North, Macon, MO 63552, 660-385-5550.
- The Island Mini Golf Course and Batting Cages - (Photos) [29 min],29187 Sunset Dr, Macon, MO 63552, 660-395-1099, Rte 36 W take Long Branch Lake Park Exit S on Long Branch Road - 1 block Left on Sunset
- AJ's EAT and DRINK - (Photos) [22 min],1407 N. Missouri St, Macon, MO 63552, 660-385-1500, "A Branch Of The Tree"
- The Pear Tree - (Photos) [22 min],1407 N. Missouri St, Macon, MO 63552, 660-385-1500, "A Branch Of The Tree"
- Moberly Historic Railway Museum & Depot Park - (Photos) [50 min],101 Sturgeon St., Moberly, MO 65270, 660-263-9396. Open Mon 10-12, Thr 1-3 & Sat 9-12. Call for current hours.
- The Magic City Line, Mini Train Ride at Rothwell Park, - (Photos) [50 min],Rothwell Park Rd., Moberly, MO, 660-651-2409.
- Kids Caboose - (Photos) [50 min],413 W Reed, Moberly, MO, 660-269-9500. Quality Consigned Kid's Items. Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri Noon-5pm, Thu Noon-7pm, Sat 10am-4pm.
- Wabash Bar & Grill - (Photos) [52 min], 111 E Coates St, Moberly, MO 660-269-9932.
- Historic Downtown Hannibal - (Photos) [90 min],The Town that Twain Built:Internationally-known writer and humorist Samuel Clemens, pen name Mark Twain, may not have founded Hannibal, but he sure put it on the map.Using his childhood experiences and escapades in Hannibal as a setting in the now-classic The Adventures of Tom Sawyer andAdventures of Huckleberry Finn gives Hannibal the unique position of being a charming historic town with a nearly-tangiblefictional overlay.
- Mark Twain Boyhood Hometown & Museum - (Photos) [90 min],120 N. Main, Hannibal, MO 63401, 573-221-9010,A self-guided tour of the Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum properties gives you the chance toexplore the Hannibal of Samuel Clemens' childhood and experience the beloved stories he created asMark Twain through the power of his imagination. Come discover how a young boy growing up in thesmall village of Hannibal became one of the world's most beloved authors!
- Big River Train Town - (Photos) [90 min],320 N. 3rd St., Hannibal, MO, 573-221-1966,Take a journey to a time where the Golden Age of railroading and toy trains was a part of mosteveryone's life.
- Mark Twain Birthplace State Historic Site - (Photos) [85 min],37352 Shrine Rd, Florida, MO 65283, 573-565-3449, A museum containing the cabin whereMark Twain was born is featured along with fishing, hiking and tours.
- Mark Twain Cave and Cameron Cave - (Photos) [92 min], 300 Cave Hollow Rd, Hannibal, MO 63401, 573-221-1656,A wealth of fun and interesting things to do. A 55 minute guided tour is available for the Mark Twain Caveand a 1 hour 20 minute guided lantern tour of the Cameron Cave.
- Rockcliffe Mansion - (Photos) [90 min],1000 Bird St, Hannibal, MO 63401,573-221-4140, A 13,500 sf 4 floor 30 room American Castle standing high above a knoll with majestic views of the Mississippi Rivercomplete with original artifacts, paintings, furniture, clothing and personal artifacts preserved from the year 1900.
- Hannibal Trolley Company Sightseeing Tour - (Photos) [90 min],Trolley Depot, 220 N. Main St., Hannibal, MO, 573-221-1161, Explore Hannibal theeasy way! Join us for an old fashioned trolley ride. The 14 mile onehour narrated tour of Historic Hannibal includes stops at the followingattractions: Mark Twain Cave, Rockcliffe Mansion, Mark Twain Riverboat,Sawyers Creek Fun Park, Historic Downtown Hannibal and also showing thesights of Scenic Riverview Park, Lighthouse on Cardiff Hill, MollyBrown's Birthplace, Welshman Home, Mark Twain Riverboat, MightyMississippi, and much more! Complete your tour with mouth watering icecream dished up by the Ice Cream Shoppe. Operates mid-April throughOctober 9am-5pm, November through mid-April by appointment.
- The Heartland - (Photos), Newark, MO, 660-284-6212,Heartland Dairy [53 min], 14014 255th St, La Belle, MO, 660-213-5180,View the entire process of where milk comes from! You will see 360 cows per hour take theirturn on the carousel milking machine!Ford Museum & Solid Rock 50's Cafe [50 min], 6512 Shelby 150, Bethel, MO 63434-2120, 660-284-6371,Visit the 50's cafe where you will see a lineup of antique cars --from a 1906 Model S to the 2007 Shelby Cobra.
- Walt Disney Hometown Museum - (Photos) [52 min],120 E. Santa Fe St., Marceline, MO 64658, 660-376-3343,Walt first came to Marceline by train when he was five years old.The museum is housed in the historic restored Santa Fe Depot.Also see a steam locomotive and caboose in EP Ripley Park, the original street that"Main Street U.S.A." was modeled after in every Disney Magic Kingdom, Walt's Barn,The Dreaming Tree and the original Uptown Theater.
- Bevier & Southern Railroad Co. No. 112 Steam Locomotive - (Photos) [30 min],Bevier, MO
- General John J. Pershing Boyhood Home State Historic Site - (Photos) [61 min],1100 Pershing Dr, Laclede, MO 64651, 660-963-2525.
- Wabash BBQ at Chillicothe Wabash Depot - (Photos) [82 min],1 Elm St, Chillicothe, MO, 660-646-6777.
- Crusty's Antiques & Collectibles - (Photos) [29 min],902 N Macon St, Bevier, MO 63532, 660-773-6875.
Silver Rails Wine Country:Click Here for more about theSilver Rails Wine Country!
- Silver Rails Wine Country Tasting Room [2 min],1007 N Brown St, La Plata, MO 63549, 877-710-9063,Will be open for tastings and sale of wines from vineyards and wineries throughout Silver Rails Wine Countryin the near future. Will also be available for weddings and other events.
- Silver Rails Vineyards LLC [2 min],100 E Benton St, La Plata, MO 63549, 877-710-9063, New vineyards next to theDepot Inn & Suites.Will be available for weddings and other events in the near future.
- Spirits of La Plata[2 min], 1000 N. Brown St., La Plata, MO 63549.
- West Winery at Jackson Stables - (Photos) - (Video) [20 min],22694 Rainbow Basin Trail, Kirksville, MO, 660-665-4611, A rustic yet elegant place to enjoy wine tastings, live music, ideal for weddings/receptions, parties, etc. Enjoy nature and the beauty of the furniture and art of Jackson Stables. Mountain bike rentals available for Thousand Hills State park bike trails.
- West Winery - (Photos) [25 min],107 Vine Street, Macon, MO 63552, 573-268-3424,Winery & Wine Tasting,FeaturingLoco Vino railroad themed wine labels!
- Jacob's Vineyard & Winery - (Photos) [13 min],26078 Eagle Lane, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-627-2424,Wine Tasting. Notice the caboose on the front lawn on your right as you near thewine tasting room.
- Cooper's Oak Winery andSkullsplitter Spirits - (Photos) [63 min],9603 Highway B, Higbee, MO 65257, 660-456-7660, orCooper's Oak Winery-Boonville [110 min], 327 Main Street, Boonville, MO 65233, 660-882-0111,Wine & Spirits Tasting
- A & K Cooperage - (Photos) [63 min],96-A West Jones Street, Higbee, MO 65257, 660-456-7507, Factory Tour of Manufacturing Oak Wine Barrels,Not currently open at this time.
- Cave Hollow Wine and Gifts / West Winery [92 min],300 Cave Hollow Rd, Hannibal, MO 63401, 573-221-1656, Taste the wines from West Winery at the Mark Twain Cave Complex.
- Main Street Wine Shoppe - (Photos) [90 min], 303 Main St, Hannibal, MO, 573-231-1007, A great place to unwind.
Silver Rails Antiques Country:
- Crusty's Antiques & Collectibles - (Photos) [29 min],902 N Macon St, Bevier, MO 63532, 660-773-6875. Antiques, Gifts and collectibles.
Additional Hunting, Fishing, Camping, etc.:(Also see under La Plata above).
- Long Branch Lake & State Park - (Photos) [34 min],28615 Visitor Center Rd., Macon, MO 63552, 660-773-5229,Offers boating, camping, fishing, hiking, picnicking and swimming.
- Thousand Hills State Park - (Photos) [28 min],20431 State Hwy 157, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-665-6995,boating, camping, canoeing, dining, fishing, marina, picnicking, swimming, hiking,bicycling, mountain biking, backpacking trails.
- Hidden Hollow Conservation Area [32 min],7 miles west of La Plata on Hwy 156, then 1.5 miles south on Hwy 3, and 3 miles west on Fox Rd.,660-785-2420,Hunting of deer, rabbit, squirrel and turkey. Walk-in, float-in, backpack-in to Primitive Camping.
- Atlanta Conservation Area - (Photos) [25 min],5 miles north of Macon on Hwy 63, 2 miles west on Route AX, then2.5 miles north on Jupiter Ave.,Hunting: deer, dove, quail, rabbit, squirrel, turkey, waterfowl, Fishing: bass, catfish, andsunfish, firearms range and fishable ponds, individual campsites, walk-in, float-in, backpack-incamping, boat ramp, bird watching.
- Thomas Hill Conservation Area [51 min],Main entrance is 5.25 miles west of Macon on Highway 36, then 10 miles south on Route C to CollegeMound, and 2.4 miles west on Route T,Campground, boat ramps, boat docks, picnic areas, a fishing jetty, and 4,950 acres of fishablewater. The area also has a waterfowl refuge north of Route T and upland hunting on severalthousand acres. A heated water discharge canal offers unique winter fishing opportunities.Individual campsites, Fishing: Bass, Catfish, Crappie, Other, Hunting: Deer, Dove, Quail, Rabbit,Squirrel, Turkey, Waterfowl, Bird Watching.
Colleges & Universities:
- Truman State University - (Photos) [16 min],100 E. Normal St., Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-785-4000.
- AT Still University of Health Sciences - (Photos) [16 min],800 W. Jefferson St., Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-626-2121, A learning-centered university dedicated to preparing highly competentprofessionals through innovative academic programs with a commitment to continue its osteopathic heritage.
- Rail Writing & Photo Workshop [0 min],Depot Inn & Suites, 1245 N Brown St, La Plata MO 63549,Sunday, October 16 - Thursday, October 20, 2011.
- Cape Air Kirksville Regional Air Festival [9 min],Kirksville Regional Airport on MO-63, Kirksville, MO, September 11 and 12, 2010.
- Depot Inn & Suites Kirksville Regional Air Festival [9 min],Kirksville Regional Airport on MO-63, Kirksville, MO, September 11 and 12, 2009.
- Walt Disney Hometown ToonFest, Marceline, Missouri, Saturday, September 17, 2011. On September 17th, 2011 we will be hosting the 13th annualToonfest celebration, Marceline, the boyhood home of Walt Disney is theplace to be. Come join us for a full day of family activities includingoutstanding music, great food, crafts and exhibits of all sorts.Nationally recognized cartoonists will give demonstrations and hostinformational seminars. 600-376-9258
- APRHF Railroad Show & Swap Meet [2 min],204 E. Moore St., La Plata, MO 63549, 660-956-4157.
Not On Map:
- More About The City of La Plata, Missouri
Not A Tourist Attraction:
- White River Productions,24632 Anchor Ave., Bucklin, MO 64631, 877-787-2467,Though not open to the public, White River Productions located in Bucklin inSilver Rails Country is home of one of the largest publishers of railroad related books, DVDs, andmagazines including the subscription magazines Passenger Train Journal and Railroads Illustratedand the membership publications for the National Model Railroad Association (Scale Rails), theNational Railway Historical Society (The Bulletin), plus the membership publications of more than16 other Railroad Historical Societies.
Photos courtesy of Ben "Dutch" Myers,Bob Cox,Carl Morrison,Chris Guenzler,Geno Dailey,Shelli Tucker,Steve Grande,andTom Anderson.