We know that so many are struggling during these very uncertain times and day by day it seems to get more confusing. At Interfaith Sanctuary we are staying focused on doing what we can to keep our homeless community and our larger community as safe as possible.? We have been tasked with some enormous new challenges, and you know what?? We have pushed through them with a lot of help from our friends.? With the support of our community, our partners and our donors we have:
- Moved our most vulnerable homeless population including our families with children and our medically fragile guests to a second location, The Riverside Hotel.? Our staff, programming, nutrition and supportive services support this new location and provide a very safe and contained location to help keep our guests virus free.
- Interfaith Sanctuary Shelter temporarily serves over 130 men and women at our downtown shelter.? By moving our families and medically fragile we were able to create more space in our shelter to increase distance and space for all of our guests sleeping in our dorm style shelter.? We continue to run Project Well Being, our Mental Health Program and Project Recovery at this location.
- We partnered with Corpus Christi to help keep limited daytime services at their location and moved all hospitality to the back side of our shelter.? We now offer daytime support from 8am-4pm Monday-Sunday for all who need shelter in our homeless community. We provide? breakfast, lunch and dinner, shade, activities, port a potties and medical screening to ensure our population have a safe and welcoming space to shelter in place.
- We created a partnership with Family Medicine Residency of Idaho to bring assessments and COVID 19 testing directly to our homeless population.? Seven days a week FMRI brings their medical van to our shelter to give COVID 19 tests and is able to send that test to the State lab which allows us to get test results in just 3 days. While our guests are awaiting their results they are able to quarantine at Boise Rescue Mission where they have private rooms eliminating the risk of exposure in our shelter.
- At this moment the Homeless Shelter Population has Zero Confirmed Positive Cases of COVID 19!
- In preparing for a possible COVID 19 outbreak in our homeless community, Interfaith Sanctuary Shelter has partnered with The City of Boise and Family Medicine Residency of Idaho to offer a safe space at Cottonwood Hotel.? Nutrition, private rooms, supportive services, medical rounding and full time on-site support will be available for up to 106 guests and will be managed by Interfaith Sanctuary Shelter.
草莓app无限制观看Because of your support, your handmade face masks, your surprise gifts of snacks, diapers, coffee, cups, laptops for our kids to do on-line school, your continuing ability to answer our call, we are staying strong and motivated to make it to the other side.
草莓app无限制观看Please stay safe, self-distance, wash your hands and if you are able, please donate to Interfaith Sanctuary during this time to keep us going today, tomorrow and throughout the year!.
WE GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS!